Friday, June 19, 2009

Hike to Sinks Canyon Falls

What a day! I went for a nice long hike up to Sinks Canyon Falls with some friends. It was good weather and great company. I wish you could have been there with me.




This is Bam Bam our resident ram. He hangs out around Sinks Canyon. He is not shy and has been known to try to head butt a car here and there.

This is me, Becky and her "kids". The youngest one is actually her brother's son and the older one is his ex-girlfriend's son. They have been in Becky's care since they were very young. She is an amazing person in more ways then one.

This picture made Becky nervous. That is probably why it is a little blurry. Her hands were probably shaking. :-)


This is me, Kendra, and Tammy


Here is the state flower. The Indian Paint Brush.




This is just the beginning. The water is rushing, but nothing like what is to come.



The falls are in sight.

Still more to come around the bend.


If only you could hear the roar of the water. It was incredibly powerful.


A good place for lunch.
The water was rushing behind me and a wide open view down the falls. Few other places compare to this.

1 comment:

The Davis Daily said...

what a beautiful site! I do wish I could be there.