Wake up to find a deer in your backyard? It isn't unheard of I know. But it is cool none the less.
This morning, shortly after making Mike's lunch I hear a frantic, yet hushed "ERIKA". I think to myself as I turn around, "What did I do now, I haven't even talked to him yet?" Mike isn't a morning person. Anyway, he is excitedly looking out the kitchen window and pointing. I walk over to see this 3X3 buck (as they call mule deer here. I still prefer 6 pointer.) He is young and completely unafraid.
I reached for the camera and snapped a few pictures. This is the best I could do in the dim light of morning. I couldn't use a flash because it would reflect off the window. It was much more impressive in person.
I thought Mike was going to be late for work because he wouldn't stop watching the deer. Finally, he had to finish up so he could leave. I continued watching until the buck walked right up to the neighbors fence, stood there a second, and with out an effort leaped over it.
We knew the deer frequented our backyard. We have the evidence of their digestive tract in multiple piles on the lawn. We have even seen glowing eyes coming from near the crab apple tree when we have put a flashlight on them. This was the first time to see one in some light. Ok, ok, I admit it has been a little slow for excitement around here. These are the things that add a spark to our lives right now. Sad I know.
1 comment:
That is awesome! You won't see anything like that here in Memphis. Hope you guys are doing well.
Post a Comment