Nordic Mountain
(Mountain should be used loosely here. It is really just a big hill.)
On Fridays girls ski half price. Now that is my kind of skiing. A good opportunity for me to try skiing for the second time. Mike's plan was to try snowboarding for the first time.
It quickly became obvious we were very over dressed. After a run or two we shed some layers and it was much more enjoyable.
Getting ready to take on the bunny hill.
The last smile you will see on Mike's face during his snowboarding attempt.
Frustration quickly set in.
Mike on the snowboard going down the bunny hill. Good thing he had that helmet on. One of his trips down the hill he wiped it and the helmet went flying.
Frustration quickly set in.
How could she not with the world's coolest sunglasses on.
Oh yeah, did you notice Mike is on skis now. He decided to take on snowboarding in stages. One hour at a time. The rest of the day he had fun on his skis.
Taking on a blue square hill (intermediate). Not bad for my second time skiing. It is important to mention the first time I skied was about 18 years ago, so does that even count? I hated it that time. All I can figure is the skis have greatly improved since then and that is why I was able to do it.
You know she wouldn't be this cool with out those sunglasses.
Heather taking on a black diamond. A short run, but steep.
I am cool by association. Just gettin in close proximity of those sunglasses will do that for ya.
Heather was just so happy she finally got me to go skiing. I was just happy I was able to do it this time.
Heather was just so happy she finally got me to go skiing. I was just happy I was able to do it this time.
2 comments:
So glad you went skiing, it doesn't get easier the older you get. Proud of you! Man I wish we could go skiing but I don't think the doctor would approve. Tell Mike snowboarding is hard. I hurt my arm turning the wrong direction and got bruised knees, I decided to stick to skiing. However, I would still like to learn.
The only reason I looked so cool in those sunglasses is because I was sitting next to the "World's Coolest Sister". Way to go girl. You rocked the hill that day. Hopefully we can eeeck out another run or two before the snow melts! -----H
Post a Comment