Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Simulated Fun

What do you do in WI when snow is still on the ground, but spring is right around the corner?





Go to a bar and play golf on a golf simulator.

That is what we (Mike Jr, Mike Sr, Cathy and I) did.

Let me tell you, it isn't for the faint of heart. You have to be prepared to do poorly. For me, that is just par for the course (pun intended). Give me a sport with a ball and watch me go down in flames. Jr and Sr, on the other hand do not have the same familiarity with failure that I do. This led to far greater frustration for them. I was even happy...happy to share my failure with Cathy. She contributed nicely to my ridiculously bad score. I was just glad I didn't actually have to go chase that stupid ball after every hit. Now that is my kind of golf.


Now, when you look closely at the score keep in mind Jr had a previous chance to practice on the simulator. He knew what to expect, where Sr and I had to figure it out on the fly. Granted, I could have played 20 times before and Jr still would have beaten me. Yes, we all know he is annoyingly good at everything.












Yeah, I was swinging so many times I looked like a windmill.

BTW, that is only 11 holes. I don't know if the computer could count high enough if I played 18.

Well, spring/summer can't come soon enough.

Whether I am playing real golf this bad, or doing whatever. I will be happy as long as I am outside.


No comments: