Just Because.
I am not big on roses. All the toxic pesticides, accelerated growing and shipping leaves them with a stunted bloom and no fragrance. They are still a nice gesture, but totally not worth what you have to pay for them.
I would prefer locally grown flowers. They maintain their beauty and fragrance. However, February in WY isn't the season for flowers. So, just about anything with some color and life is nice this time of year.
I was pleasantly surprised a few days ago when Mike brought home flowers for me. No reason, just because. Little gestures like that mean way more than he ever intended. To him he probably saw them near the check out and thought "why not". But the fact that there was no reason, no obligation to purchase them makes them all the more precious.They have really brightened up the room. It seems like the dead, dreariness of winter fades when you have when you have flowers to look at. So, thanks Mike

No comments:
Post a Comment