BOOM!
What was that? Thunder? Drift back to sleep. BOOM! Someone must be hunting. Back to sleep. BOOM! Wow, either there are multiple hunters or that guy is one bad shot. Wait a minute what time is it? 5 am, it is still dark out. They can't hunt when it is dark. BOOM! What is going on? Well, this is cowboy country I guess we don't ask. BOOM! This is crazy. It has been going on for over an hour. BOOM!
Later in the morning I hear a guy I know say "Those stinking canons had me up at 5 am this morning"
Did I hear canons? "What did you say?"
"The canons. They fire them off all over town every Veteran's day" he says.
"They do this on purpose at 5 in the morning, why?" I ask.
"To annoy everyone." he says laughing.
Mission accomplished I think to myself.
Every place has it's quirks. This is by far one of the more ridiculous ones.
2 comments:
Wow that is ridiculous, crazy fools....they could set off an avalanche if you had enough snow!
H
Wow. i'm beginning to wonder what the long winters do to folks up there! Y'all be bewy, bewy kerfull.
Post a Comment