Umm....
I really do not have much to report. I feel obligated to post something because I know you are all waiting with baited breath for our next post. Well, maybe just the two who actually figured out how to sign up to be followers of our blog. We appreciate your dedication.
Lets see...I was out by the reservation and there were two calves in someone's yard. They were just eating away. There was a fence, but it wasn't completely enclosed. They could have been the home owner's means of lawn maintenance, or they could have wandered in. I am pretty sure I'd seen them there or at least in that neighborhood last week. I have a feeling I will not be seeing them in the spring. Buy hay to feed them through the winter, or have hamburger through the winter? Gee, I wonder what it will be? Like I said, I won't be seeing them in the spring.
What else can I tell you... Jezebell has found it to be very necessary to stuff herself into any open receptacle. Full bathroom drawer? Yup, she is like a bulldozer. Deodorant, lotion, soap all kicked aside to accommodate a comfortable resting place.
Dresser drawers require less re-arranging, but apparently lack sufficient cat hair. Good thing we have pet hair rollers! I know what you are thinking. Why do we leave drawers open all over our house? We don't. She is like a Stealth Bomber. By the time you see her, BAM, she's in there.
Unpacked boxes are the jackpot. Big or small she is in them. I find it amusing when she jumps into the big garment boxes and can't get out. It takes a while to realize the peace and quiet you are experiencing isn't normal. Then you listen for it...mew. Follow it...meow. Closer...MEOW!! When you dig her out she gives you a hiss for good measure. Ungrateful little....
Well, our two faithful followers, that is all I can come up with. Hang in there, something exciting is bound to happen.
3 comments:
Ahh, what a smart feline is that Jezebell. She knows she must hole up for the winter! Had our first frost here in Memphis the last two nights. Not a lot of news here either except maybe that my Fantasy Football team is doing quite well, to the chagrin of the guys in my league. However, i play Joe this week and he warned me last night "Stephanie, i'm ticked and i'm not going below .500 - i'm sorry, but i've now warned you!" Wow, i really will hate to see Joe, the diehard Steelers fan we know and love, cry....
Hey there Ponds! I read your blog too! How are things going? Any babies up in that hizzy?! Non here I am sure you will hear something if there is.
Hey M & E, greetings from K & J & S. We're all fine. Been faithfully reading all of your postings. I told you I'd sign on one of these days. I think I figured it out pretty quickly....2 months, not to shabby, huh? I love looking at the snow you've received. Serious business there! I'm sure we won't be that fortunate here in the south. I do miss it. Nights have been cool but we still reached low 80's this afternoon. My pic is Simon on his new red throne. He barely leaves it. His almost 9 year habit of following me to bed and lying at my feet has now ended with the purchase, at least over the last few days. Maybe he'll remember the habit when the newness wears off.
Post a Comment