Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My Favorite Swimming Hole

We all have that place we went swimming as kids. A place that holds many fond memories from our childhood into our adult years. Well, that place is Red Granite Quarry in Red Granite, WI for me. I swam, I climbed rocks, I jumped off cliffs, I even got certified as a SCUBA diver in that quarry.
I wish the pictures did the place justice, but you will have to believe me when I tell you it is an awesome place to hang and swim.

It was a busy Sat. afternoon.
We claimed some rock to hang out at. It is a bit tough on the body because it is hard as....well, granite.
The cheese curds are never far away.

That cliff in the background was one of the favorite ones to jump off of. It was a good one to build your courage on. Doesn't seem too high, but the water is really high right now.
Now if you can see a little blip in the water, that is me. I could swim all day in this place.


Here I come.
It doesn't get better then this.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I do miss that fresh water. The cheese curds looked pretty good too. WI, does have some things to offer.......Especially E and M, two of my favorite people. Miss you guys.