I was so excited to try to capture how pretty fall can be in the fox valley. However this fall has been a rainy, miserable fall. This has directly impacted the fall colors. Sure the leaves changed colors, but with no sun shining through them they are just dull and depressing. We did manage to get one nice day about 1 week before the peak colors here in the valley. I did my best.
Ok, so this isn't a fall color, but Packers and fall do go hand in hand.

We went to 1000 Islands Nature Center in
Kaukauna. Yeah, anyone from the valley is laughing right now, but it has its pretty areas. One can pretend there isn't a giant, groaning paper mill just to the left of this picture.

This pic doesn't really capture how pretty and
brilliant the tree looked with the sun shining through.

We asked a passing squirrel to take this pic.
Ahh, to pretend we are deep in the woods. At least the paper mill had stopped its incessant groaning at this point and we could actually hear some birds
chirpping.

No I did not take these and no they are not in
Kaukauna. My friend who lives up north in
Amberg, WI took this and the next one.
Now this is how it should be...Beautiful.

I only wish I could have seen it myself. At least I have some pics to remind me how pretty WI can be.
2 comments:
I haven't been to the blog in a while so it was nice to catch up and see that yall are settling in there. I had a great time with Michael when he was in Memphis...you'll have to make it back with him next time.
You are right, "what fall?", Christopher just said the other day, we didn't get a fall. I thought it was just too early. But the rain did have an impact. We are going to have to plan a hike the weekend of Nov 6 and 7 if we are going to see any of it...if that works for you and Mike and Old Scratch....Let us know.
Post a Comment