Friday, September 18, 2009

WY to WI

Ok, here it is. The first blog update from WI.
The move itself was pretty uneventful. When you are talking about a caravan of three vehicles traveling over 4 states any number of things could have went wrong. I did my best to document the process.



Each and every box hand packed. Not a job I want again anytime soon.

First things first. Get the bike loaded.

Does anyone else see a problem with this picture? From a physics stand point where is the majority of the weight going to end up in this scenario? Yes, at the back end. So, why is the only girl in the pic pushing most of the weight?


All loaded and cleaned.


Morning one sunrise.

Mountains in the distance...bye mountains.



Cool rock formation. Still in WY here.
(keep in mind I took these pic while driving 70 mph)

Did you know Uhaul's low decks make your move easier? After 22 hours staring at the back of this I will never forget.


Morning two. Somewhere between SD and MN.


In the Midwest we will farm anything...including the wind. There are hundreds of these windmills all lines up in the fields.

Crossing the Mississippi River from MN to WI.

Touch down at the farm. Can't unload for another few days.


Jez has had it with this latest adventure.

Home Sweet Home...Well it is a house anyway. A small one at that, but it will work.

One thing about moving back home you have family to put to work unpacking.
Nice!

Break time.

Do you think he likes WI much? I would like to say he wore this only because there was a WI Badger football game on, but this is typical attire for most folks in WI. If it isn't red and white, it is green and gold.

Jez found her new favorite place.
Yes, those are hideous pink walls. We got the ok to paint them.
So our journey from WY to WI ends.
As a new adventure begins I will try to keep you posted along the way.

No comments: