Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Putting on the miles

We had a mini road trip this past weekend. We started with a 3 hour drive to Cody on Thursday. Mike spent all day in Cody at work on Friday. This was not the plan, but apparently we forgot to tell FedEx and the weather what the plan was. Late freight and very late feeder plane to Cody. Mike actually left before the feeder got there and we left at 4pm.

Billings, MT was about another 3 hour drive. We arrived in time for a late dinner. Saturday was a beautiful in Billings. We hit the stores. The golf store set us back a while, but Mike got some wedges and was pretty happy for the rest of the day. We walked through the mall, and left with a pair of dress pants for Mike. Are you seeing a pattern here? I had two objectives in Billings; get cat food and get a replacement visor clip for the Honda. Mission accomplished. Not exactly exciting.

We left Billings around 4pm to head to Gillette, WY. This was another 3 1/2 hour drive. Just as we approach Gillette the weather deteriorated rapidly. We eat another late dinner at Applebees (not a good choice for two "veggies"). Sunday in Gillette was horrible as far as weather goes. It did clear up for the 4 1/2 hour drive home. That is until we reached Lander and hit a white out snow storm.
We leave this Thursday for Denver, CO. A 5 1/2 hour drive. At least this will be it for a couple weeks since we are flying out to go to WI. Hard to believe, but we are actually looking forward to going home. It doesn't seem to want to stop snowing here. We are hoping for nicer weather in WI. We know it can be just as iffy there, but it is worth a try.
Mike will be heading back to WY after 2 weeks, but I will be staying until the end of May. I say this because Mike will be way too busy to blog and I will be busy visiting family. So May will be scarce for blogs.
Hope everyone enjoys May and I hope to have pics and stories to share in June from the trip home.

1 comment:

The Davis Daily said...

Kelby and I need to do some road tripping! Well, I glad you had a good road trip. Hope everything goes well for your travels to WI.