Hello all. It has been a bit crazy this month. I felt bad that I haven't updated the blog in a while. While I try to come up with something news worthy to post, I thought I would leave you with a little something from the archives. I apologize to those who have already read this. It is like a re-run. What else would you expect this time of year.
A Cat Tale
There is this Tom that has been paying me visits over the past couple years. He has started to come by more often recently. I am rather confused about my feelings toward him. Since my kitty making organs were taken from me against my will so many years ago, my lack of hormones have left me without a gage to measure my attraction to this Tom. Although, I have been around long enough to know they keep coming back. I figure I can play hard to get until I am sure how to proceed. So far I have found I can really let him have it through the window. We have had some pretty intense conversations this way. He really pushes my buttons and I just can’t stop myself from trying to go through that window at him.
A few times when I have been allowed outside unattended he has come by. This has left me feeling a little defenseless (especially since my best weapons were ripped from my front toes also against my will. Don’t worry, Erika thinks that I just slip when I am walking across her head at night, but I have hewn those back claws into razors for this particular form of revenge). Anyway, back to this Tom. He plays it all sweet like “hey, how you doin’, I would love to lay here and stare into your beautiful green eyes.” I have to say after 12 years, a little flattery goes a long way. We have spent some time staring into one another’s eyes. It never fails that when we are enjoying this time together Erika shows up. She gets all paranoid about letting us alone together. With her there I have a reputation to uphold. I have been top cat for 12 years and that isn’t going to change for some Don Juan. So, the tension rises and we get into a hissing match. At this point Erika insists on throwing a blanket over one of us. I figure this is a good time to head to the door. I wouldn’t want to say something I would regret. Like I said, I don’t know how I feel about him, but I don’t want him to stop coming around.
I am concerned I may have played it a little too hard to get the last time he came around. I was outside with Mike and Erika and he came for a visit. He played it very cool scaling the top of the fence, showing off his skills. I thought this was a bit much and didn’t pay him any attention. He tried for awhile and got bored and left. I looked for him, but he didn’t come back. I heard Mike telling Erika they should keep him and he would name him Scotch. Mike thinks he is so clever with that name since we live on Dewars Cv. Thankfully, I don’t think Erika went for it.
Last night Erika did tell me she saw him with another cat outside. She is concerned he has left me for someone else. She kept warning me I needed to be nicer to him or he would find someone who would be. The thing is she doesn’t know if that other cat is a kitty making tramp or just another cat robbed of their identity by the vet at a mere 6 months old. I have a felling he will be back. I’m named Jezebel for a reason.
No comments:
Post a Comment